The modernized and reimagined Art Deco theme made Lauren and Isaac’s wedding unique and totally inspiring. Dark jewel tones were elevated by soft and bright colors in the reception hall, while a plethora of creative personal touches were evidence of the couple’s impeccable planning.
Planning a wedding is no small feat. But at the end of the day, Lauren and Isaac recognized that the most important part was to marry their best friend at the end of the aisle. That said, they took their wedding planning seriously to throw a beautiful party for guests traveling from afar. They wanted a modern, Art Deco theme while cohesively tying in some unique boho elements. In a wedding filled with gorgeous details and ideas, here’s some of our favorites.
- Jewel tones look spectacular in this majestic mountain setting. The black linens with emerald green, burgundy, and gold accents made the reception hall feel opulent, while the white and pink florals added a touch of light to soften the vibe.
- To root the Art Deco vibe, much of the reception decor featured geometric patterns and shapes. Lauren credits Facebook bridal groups for repurposed decor and Etsy for helping create the luxurious feel.
- While these jewel tones set the mood, the true gem of the reception hall was the geode cake. Guests walked by with their mouths agape at the artistry and attention to detail from this edible work of art from Alire Modern Bakehouse. Each guest also found a personalized edible cookie geode marking their seat for dinner, which was another truly impressive creation!
- The couple’s yearbook style guestbook was another huge hit. In addition to their engagement photos, Lauren and Isaac went for a full-on 90’s themed photoshoot at JCPenney. These photos were put in a scrapbook where guests were encouraged to doodle and write messages on the photos. Not only was it the most successful guestbook we’ve seen, it’s full of incredible memories that Lauren and Isaac will look back and laugh at for years to come.
- Last but not least, a wedding is nothing without family. Isaac honored his late grandparents by wearing cufflinks with photos of the two of them. Lauren tied a photo of her late stepfather tied around her bouquet, symbolically walking with her down the aisle.
This was such a fun and gorgeous wedding to look back on! Congratulations Lauren and Isaac!