Chelsea and Garrett’s wedding was centered around three important themes in their lives: trees, horses and family. Sentimental touches woven from start to finish made this celebration one for the memory books.
It was a gorgeous Sunday afternoon when Chelsea and Garrett tied the knot. This happy duo brought so many unique, creative elements to their special day – it must be seen to be believed! This wedding was a DIY dream, and we are thrilled to share a few of our favorite things from their perfect June wedding.
Garrett proposed to Chelsea in the middle of grove of golden Fall aspens, and even has a tattoo of the “Tree of Life” that represents their future family. Trees are a strong symbol that the pair made sure to incorporate into many details of their wedding day!
- As guests arrived to the wedding, they were invited to sign their name on the couple’s “guestbook” – a tree hand-painted on canvas by Chelsea’s sister in law. It was a stunning painting, done perfectly in Chelsea and Garrett’s wedding colors. It will surely be a special work of art in their home for years to come!
- During the ceremony, Chelsea and Garrett chose to plant two aspen trees as a symbol of their families joining together.
- Chelsea had a vision for the most elegant tree-themed reception decor. From their wooden table numbers to the embossed foil trees on their dinner menus, this element was craftily woven into their glittering gold details.
Horses brought Chelsea and Garrett together, so they couldn’t possibly leave that element out of their wedding day plans!
- As the ceremony began and the grandparents, parents and wedding party made their way down the aisle, Chelsea was secretly boarding a horse and carriage that would bring her to her groom.
- Chelsea and her father rode the horse-drawn carriage down the aisle. It was the perfect symbolism of horses being responsible for bringing Chelsea and Garrett together one more time, as they entered the next chapter of their lives.
There are more nature details from Chelsea and Garrett’s celebration than we can fit in one blog post! Here are few highlights that were also captured by their brilliant photographer Lisa O’Dwyer.
- Mother nature treated Chelsea and Garrett’s wedding guests to spectacular summer Rocky Mountain Weather. It was a perfect treat, since “weather” was another symbol of Chelsea and Garrett’s relationship (and a component that their officiant had already planned to speak about in their ceremony)! It rained in the two hours prior to the ceremony, but the sun broke out and shone bright as the wedding began. During the ceremony, mother nature put on a show as the sun shone bright, but far off in the distance were storm clouds that would clap with thunder. Everyone in attendance found it a phenomenal experience!
- After the ceremony, Chelsea and Garrett walked through a celebratory lavender toss from all of their guests. Lavender, which symbolizes love, loyalty and adventure, was specifically chosen by the bride and groom in lieu of rose petals or rice.
- As guests entered the reception hall for dinner, they found their seating assignments by succulents instead of escort cards! Each 2″ succulent had been hand-planted by Chelsea, Garrett and their families in small ceramic pots with a hand-painted gold stripe around the rim. Placed in each pot was an individual name card, fully embossed with golden trees and the guests’ table assignments.
Guests celebrated the whole night through with dinner, dancing, a surprise Father/Daughter dance, scrumptious dessert bar and chocolate favors to take home. Chelsea and Garrett, your wedding day took our breath away. Congratulations!
birch chargers chateau wedding Colorado colorado wedding della terra della terra mountain chateau dessert bar destination wedding estes estes park horse and carriage june june wedding lavender linen blush linen camel linen navy linen sand mountain mountain chateau mountain chateau wedding mountain wedding pink palette RMNP RMNP wedding Rocky Mountain National Park romantic soft succulent escort cards succulents summer summer wedding tree guest book wedding venue