When Matt and Elle tied the knot on a beautiful August day, they celebrated one of the most heartfelt and stunning weddings we have ever seen.
Where do we begin with the dreamy details of Elle and Matt’s wedding day?!?
Elle and Matt opted for an indoor wedding at Della Terra. Elle has always loved bright flowers, and always wanted flowers to be the design focal point of her wedding decor.
- Elle’s florist made her dream come true by draping Della Terra’s floor-to-ceiling windows with a beautiful array of bright carnation garlands.
- Guests watched Elle walk down the aisle through a romantic sea of large, rich pink rose petals. Her beaming groom greeted her at the stage, infinitely happy to finally be marrying the love of his life!
THE DIY DETAILS
Matt and Elle fell in love with Estes Park because of its mountains and abundant wildlife. The pair incorporated rustic details while still keeping the overall feel of the wedding elegant and whimsical.
- To bring the wildlife element into their reception details, the couple purchase deer and elk antlers from a local Estes Park shop. They used the antlers in combination with florals to create perfect Rocky Mountain-inspired centerpieces on each guest table.
- On the memory table honoring the couple’s grandparents and Elle’s father sat a beautiful elk antler candelabra.
- Guests had individual gold “party animals” that served as their escort cards to their seats. This was one of Elle’s most detailed DIY projects! She created the animals by hand-painting small plastic figurines of elk, moose, bison, mountain lions, bighorn sheep and deer. She then tied the guest names and table numbers to the gold animals using navy ribbon.
- Elle used her Pinterest and Etsy prowess to come up with a beautiful idea for hand-made DIY signage. She created a large welcome sign for her guests, and smaller signs for her memory table, party animal table, greeter table, and even a sign for signature drinks at the bar!
Elle’s design savvy was unmatched!
THE SPECIAL MOMENTS
We could talk about design and details all day long, but our favorite moments on Matt and Elle’s wedding day were the heartfelt ones. This day featured so many moments of love, joy and honor.
- Elle and her mom opted for a first look together, revealing Elle in her wedding dress once all of her hair, makeup and accessories were complete. The look of pure adoration on her mother’s face is something we will always remember!
- To honor her father, who passed away when she was 12, Elle had his wedding band tied into the ribbon of her breathtaking bright summer bouquet.
- While Elle and her mom danced together at the reception, they played a slideshow of Elle and her dad. It was a perfect celebration of her memory of him, and a way to incorporate him into an important moment in the wedding.
We truly could not be happier for these two joyful newlyweds. Congratulations Matt and Elle!