Avery and Zach’s friends and family were awestruck by the couple’s gorgeous August wedding at Della Terra. From their rustic DIY centerpieces to their build-your-own trail mix station, this wedding was a picturesque summer dream!
We were so honored so host such a dynamic duo with infectious personalities. Avery and Zach had a ton of fun incorporating a personal touch into the details of their wedding day. Best of all, they never stopped smiling the entire day!
Avery and Zach were aiming for a wedding that was simple, rustic, and totally uniquely them. They knocked it out of the park! A few details that we absolutely loved…
- Avery carried a bouquet of lavender, and her bridesmaids carried baby’s breath. The bouquets were simple, soft and elegant, and perfectly in line with the couple’s vision!
- Zach and many of his groomsmen were active duty Air Force. The wedding featured a subtle Air Force and airplane theme! Zach wore a custom dress shirt that had airplane sleeves, and the couple’s cake featured an airplane on the top tier.
- The reception centerpieces were all DIY and featured hand-cut wooden slices, lace-wrapped mason jars, twine-wrapped wine bottles, and smaller wood slices with wood burned table numbers.
- The ceremony programs were hand-made and incorporated their elegant wedding colors of navy, lilac and ivory.
- In lieu of a traditional guestbook, the couple had a thumbprint tree for their guests to “sign”, along with a copy of Dr. Seuss’s “Seuss-isms” for their guests to write a message of love or support. Finally, guests could fill out an advice card to share some of their coveted life and marriage wisdom with the newlyweds!
- Guests were treated to custom thank-you notes at their place settings, packets of wildflower seeds (perfect favor for a mountain wedding!), a favor bag, and a build-your-own trail mix bar.
During the ceremony, Zach and Avery chose to do a wine box unity. They placed two heartfelt, handwritten, unopened letters to one another into a box with a special bottle of wine and locked it. On their first anniversary, they would open the box, read the letters, and replenish the box with new letters and wine for the following year!
Their photos truly capture just how splendidly romantic the day was.
Avery and Zach, thank you for your family’s service to our country. Congratulations and cheers to many happy years ahead!