Military weddings have a way of making us weak in the knees. So when lovely Amy and Ernie shared their elegant October Estes Park wedding with us, it felt as if our hearts doubled in size!
Amy and Ernie wanted their wedding day to represent the couples’ love for one another: sweet, simple, and effortlessly romantic. From an emotional first look reveal, to a tear jerking ceremony at the Hyde Chapel at the YMCA of the Rockies, their wedding was filled with memorable moments. The Hyde Chapel also hosted the wedding of Amy’s parents back in the 1980s as well as her older sister’s wedding back in 2006. After the ceremony, the hosts and guests returned to Della Terra for their cocktail hour and lively reception.
Bride Amy wore a stunning Maggie Sottero dress which had a blush base topped with lace and crystals. The bridesmaids wore classic navy, which looked perfect against Marine dress blues, golden aspens and gorgeous pastels. Centerpieces included vintage birdcages filled with various sized pillar candles, which topped blush satin dining tables.
DETAILS WE LOVE:
- Given that the groom is enlisted in the United States Marine Corps, many of the special touches were themed around the Marines, such as, their hand painted champagne toasting flutes that were made to be exact replicas of Amy’s wedding gown and Ernie’s Dress Blues.
- Their memory table displayed a picture of Ernie’s best friend, Larry, who was killed in action in Afghanistan in 2010. Larry was also the person who introduced Ernie and Amy back in 2008, so they consider him their angel that brought them together.
- The Candy and Sweets table was located behind the couple’s dining table. The gold glitter LOVE and SWEET letters placed on the sweets and cake table, were hand painted by the bride and her mom. The arrangement and the design of the centerpieces was also a family DIY project that gave the room romantic and vintage ambiance.
- One of the bride’s absolute favorite details were the table number luminaries (custom made on Etsy). Each table number symbolized special moments throughout Ernie and Amy’s lives. For instance, table 12 was “the month and year the Groom proposed” (December 2012) and table 10 was the “Date of our wedding” (October 10th).
- Ernie’s favorite detail was wrapping the garter around a white football with “Ernie and Amy 10.10.14” written on it, which he threw to the energetic bachelors.
Amy and Ernie’s wedding is literally bursting with beautifully crafted moments that are some of the prettiest you’ll ever see. But when you peel back the layers upon layers of pretty, shining brighter than ever is the larger than life love between these two sweeties. Congratulations, Amy and Ernie!