From the moment we met Emily and Larry we knew that their wedding day would be special. Guests came from every corner of the United States, and were wowed by the couple’s wedding details that incorporated mountains and nature throughout every aspect of the day. Their breathtaking floral arrangements, romantic sunset photography, and impeccably executed mountain theme made this July 4th wedding one for the ages!
Emily and Larry chose to get married exactly three years from the day they first met. Their love story was so special that their wedding guests flocked to Estes Park from 15 different states to celebrate with them! There were blue skies, sunshine, and lots of joy to be shared on this blissful wedding day in the Rocky Mountains.
As we browse through their photographs and relive Emily and Larry’s wedding day, we are wowed all over again with their attention to detail. Emily and Larry truly wanted to incorporate nature and mountains into their wedding theme. A few of their details included…
- Choosing to do a unity ceremony that involved a ceremonial planting of aspen trees, a symbol of their lives joining together and their families growing to embrace and support one another.
- Choosing a show-stopping pair of blue Manolo Blahnik satin pumps for Emily’s “something blue”.
- Naming reception tables after various 14ers in Colorado, and including the mountain range where they are located. (A fun twist on traditional table numbers!)
- Incorporating neutrals and pastels to create a perfect, natural floral feel to all of the decor. Emily chose mint, coral, peach and champagne colors throughout the wedding – from her bridesmaids dresses to her bouquets – and it all came together beautifully.
- Taking sweetheart photos at sunset. There is nothing more romantic than seeing newlyweds look lovingly into each other’s eyes as the sun sets behind the continental divide. It’s simply the most magical time of the day, and these two and their photographer definitely took advantage of the perfect waning daylight!
- Sending guests off with a snack for their next hike! Emily and Larry made custom jars of mountain trail mix as wedding favors. The jars read “Happy Trails” and included Emily and Larry’s names and wedding date. These favors were both a delicious snack and a perfect reminder of a spectacular wedding day in the mountains.
Emily and Larry, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making Della Terra a part of your love story! Congratulations!
aspen tree ceremony bridal headband bridesmaid robes champagne Colorado mountains colorado wedding coral della terra della terra mountain chateau elk flower petal toss linen charcoal linen ivory linen silver mint mismatched dresses mountain mountain wedding neutral palette pastel Peach petal toss RMNP RMNP wedding short bridesmaid dresses summer sunset sunset photos wildlife