Kendall and Grant’s wedding truly has it all. It’s elegant yet inviting and overflowing with countless details designed by A Vintage Affair Events that will leave you in awe. So whether it’s the bountiful eucalyptus as far as the eye can see, the blue, green and gray organic elements on the tables, the “naked” violet-lavender cake, or the stunning calligraphy – there is no doubt in my mind that this wedding’s cozy, warm touches will make you feel the true magic of this couple’s perfect winter wonderland.
Though it took place in the middle of Winter…Kendall and Grant’s wedding was anything but dreary. Their outdoor ceremony took place on a warm, wind-free January day with their forest backdrop blanketed with snow. Bride and groom had a knot-tying ceremony with silk gray, champagne, ivory and light blue ribbons. For their color theme, they chose ivory, gray, light blue, sage and mint with countless organic details mixed in with eucalyptus and flowers. The tables were draped with eucalyptus garlands along the center combined with hundreds of tealights! Sleek. Modern. Cozy.
Details we love:
- They set up an adorable outdoor Hot Chocolate bar that was adorned with apothecary jars filled with Hershey’s kisses, peppermint discs, marshmallows and cocoa mix for guests to mix up and pour into their monogrammed paper cups.
- An oversized basket of rolled up gray and ivory blankets (handmade by the bride’s mother) nestled in the snow next to the ceremony area for guests to use for cozying up!
- Grant’s nephew Eli wins top honors as the cutest ring bearer of all time; he carried the rings on a pillow made from Grant’s mom’s wedding dress.
- Their “program” was an antique window written with hand calligraphy by Tara Eklund Ink. They signed their marriage license on a satin covered table with a glowing lantern, a eucalyptus garland and a round of champagne adorned with their monogrammed wooden stir sticks.
- Bride’s fur jacket was complimented by a Reem Acra strapless gown of soft, feminine, sheer, fluttering layers. The bridesmaids wore seaglass gowns from BHLDN paired with fur stoles which were made by Kendall’s mom.
- Cake: a triple layer round “naked” cake served with a side of piped frosting in case guests wanted to add on own! They rented a spectacular cake table linen through La Tavola that consisted of layers and layers of delicate organza ruffles.
- The flowers for the bouquets and boutonnieres were designed by Bare Root in an grey and white color palette of anemones, eucalyptus, thistle, garden roses, lisianthus, dried artichokes and stock with hints of grey from dusty miller and silver brunia.
- For the sign-in table, they rented an antique sideboard and guests signed a custom Artifact Uprising guestbook which included engagement photos and small paper envelopes with suggestions for for each guest to fill out & insert into the little envelopes.
- Placecards were calligraphed on paper flags that rested in each guest’s champagne flute.
- The bride and groom had his and hers baroque whitewashed Wood Charger Plates at their setting. Their ivory satin napkins were tied with light blue trailing ribbon.
We absolutely loved working with you, Kendall and Grant, and wish you all the love and magic in the world!