A beautiful professional soccer player for the Chicago Red Stars and a Men’s College Soccer Coach for Elmhurst – we already love this duo. So add this obviously awesome pair to an amazing Colorado winter backdrop with Glacier details and soft florals and all the little things that make us swoon and, voila. Michelle and Wes’s wedding masterpiece.
Bride’s Favorite Special touches:
- Flowers: Michelle and Wes wanted the flowers to really bring out the winter theme so their florist created a palette of soft romantic tones of white, blush, dusty greens, and grey with touches of metallic. Petite pine cones and silver brunia were prominent and complimented the soft floral styling.
- Michelle incorporated the theme of “Taste of Chicago meets taste of Colorado” into her Guest Welcome Bags. The Taste of Chicago came from Garretts Popcorn, which is famous in Chicago, where they got a mix of caramel and cheddar popcorn for guests to enjoy. The Taste of Colorado came from Rocky Mountain Chocolates.
- For their centerpieces, they found lanterns in the perfect hue of Glacier Blue and combined them with pictures of the bride and groom at each table.
- For their memory table, they wanted to show all of their guests where they came from because their roots and family are very important to the couple. So they showcased pictures of each set of parents and grandparents on their wedding day. Also, they had photos of each family member that had passed away – it meant a lot to have them looking over them on their special day.
- Their cake-topper was chocolate covered strawberries decorated as a bride and groom. When the couple we first met, they would work Chicago Festivals for Wes’s uncle’s business called the “Strawberry Patch”.
- After the Pastor said ‘you may now kiss the bride’ the couple had flower petals fall from high above as they kissed!
- During get-ready time, the bridesmaids robes were fun, mint, floral robes that can be found on Etsy while the bride’s robe was all white with “Bride” sequined on the back, which was from Victoria’s Secret.
Big congratulations to you, Michelle and Wes! Your wedding was incredible!