Mike and Jessica showed us a wonderful example of a classic formal wedding in a beautiful rustic setting. We enjoyed their laughter and the way they incorporated their family, both near and far, into their special day.
This was a DIY wedding through and through and Jessica was able to transform images she found online and in print into unique and personal tokens for the day she married the love of her life. Family involvement was also important to this couple, and we loved that Jessica’s brother officiated the wedding, making it a true family affair. As a surprise, her parents even had a horse and carriage ready to take her down the aisle!
Other elements we loved:
- Antique and vintage furniture inspired decorations
- DIY center pieces fashioned out of fence pickets
- A beautiful memorial cork board to honor those in the family who had passed away. The corks used were from over 400 wine bottles Mike and Jessica had collected over the years!
- Mason jar mugs given away as favors to the guests in attendance
- A signature drink that matched the flowers! “Hot Pink (spiked) Lemonade”
This gorgeous September day was right in the midst of changing seasons in the mountains of Colorado, and we loved the blend of rich summer colors with beautiful autumn light. Jessica and Mike, may your love show you many changing seasons of your own. Congratulations!